Notice: Spring league registration IS NOW closeD
SCHEDULE CAN BE FOUND HERE
The League for the Two (or three) sport Athlete!!
Eight game training season is intended to provide players an opportunity to continue to play soccer in a fun, less structured format.
- Teams will be gender specific if #’s allow however some older ages may be coed.
- Recreational, developmental academy and possibly young competitive players will be playing together, and grouped by age.
- Teams will be coached by experienced recreational, Developmental Academy (DA), competitive coaches, former college players, former competitive players and adults w/ knowledge of the game. Some of the teams will be coached by a non-parent coach.
- Spots fill up fast!! We are promoting this league everywhere and have limited field space. We had over 400 players playing in this format and had to turn players away in years prior!!
- Season runs between 4/14/17 through 5/26/17.
- Friday Nights (six games); Thursday Night (one game), Sunday Night (one game)
- Total of eight training games– no formal practices are involved; just games!!
Format & Times:
|U5 (2012) boys and girls divisions||3v3-no goalie||6:00 pm or 7:30pm Fridays and one Thursday|
|U6 (2011) boys and girls divisions||3v3- no goalie||same|
|U8 (2009-2010) boys and girls divisions||5v5- incl. goalie||same|
|U10 (2007-2008) boys and girls divisions||7v7- incl. goalie||same|
|U12 (2005- 2006)2 boys and girls divisions (may be coed)||7v7- incl. goalie||same|
|U14 (2003-2004) boys and girls divisions (may be coed)||7v7 including goalie|
Note: game times may change based on interest and # of teams.
Wesley Chapel District Park Soccer Fields- 7727 Boyette Rd. Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
Field Map (Click to enlarge):
-$95 for all Spring League Players which covers:
- Spring League T-shirt
- All registration Fees
- Referee Fees
- Park administration Fees (lights, paint, etc)
- Note: Pasco County charges an additional mandatory $10 per player fee on top of the registration fee.
Coaches from all sources are needed (Rec, DA, TARSA and competitive) !! Click HERE for more information on Coaching!!
Common Questions and/or facts: What’s New??
- How Many Game season will this entail: 8 League games
- Boys and Girls will be kept in separate divisions if at all possible. #’s will ultimately dictate this but this is our intention.
More Common Questions and/or Facts: What’s the same every year?? (unless stated)
- Can my son/daughter play in this league and do baseball, softball, Lacrosse, basketball, or even another soccer program? : Of course!! This is why we limit our league to Friday nights only. Most of our players play Spring Soccer AND something else!!
- Will there be weekly practices?? No! Just games on Friday Nights (one Thursday night)
- Who will be eligible to play in this league?? Recreational, Developmental Academy as well as younger competitive players will play together and will be grouped by age.
- Who will be coaching in this league? Recreational, Academy and Competitive Coaches (most with experience) will be involved with the teams. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered as a coach. Many will be needed!!
- What is the format of the games? U6 will play 3v3 (no goalie); U8 will play 5v5 (including a goalie) and U10, U12, will play 6v6 (including a goalie); U14 will play 7v7 (including a goalie on a slightly larger field)- some of these are new formats
- Will there be Referees?? U5\U6- no; U8 and up- Yes