The lifeblood of any good individual or team sport is it’s coaches. The Spring Soccer League is no different.
-We are looking at around 400 players from the Rec, Academy, TARSA and even competitive levels (playing together) who will need guidance.
-Spring League Administrators will be reaching out to all WCSC leagues and “arms” of soccer to fill their coaching positions. However, our most abundant source of coaches are the parents of current and new players. that means “YOU”
-Each year we staff around 45 to 50 volunteer coaches many of whom have never coached before. We especially need those who have children in the U6 ag group. Those with 4 and 5 year old children. There are not many coaches returning each year to coach this age so the turn over is high. Please consider coaching your new soccer player/s and the other parents whose kids are playing at this age.
What are the responsibilities of a Spring League Coach?
- Be willing to share 2 hrs/week of your time building young soccer players on Friday Nights (one Thursday night)
- Allow a mandatory background check to be performed on yourself (if not already completed for any WCAA/WCSC sport)
- Contact your players via e-mail once your roster is delivered, and remind them of their upcoming games.
- Get Game T-shirts to players prior to first game
- Be present at 8 league games and be a good role model/coach/mentor to your team during those games. There will be a 15-30 minute warm-up prior to each game and then just games!!
- Prior experience is preferred but certainly not mandatory!!
- A little weary of taking a team?? Club Academy and Competitive coaches can assist/mentor/come alongside those who feel they need it.
If you have addition questions contact the recreation director at: recsoccer@
if you would like to be considered as a coach!! Please submit the below form.