Come to this page to be updated as to what is going on with YOUR Spring Soccer League:
Updated 2/2/19- MOre updates coming in the near future!!
The Schedule for the 2019 season will eventually be located: HERE. You must log-in to your Dicks TSHQ account to access the schedules
Games will be on: March 29th; April 12th,19th,26th; May 3rd,10th,17th,23rd (our only Thursday night game due to Memorial Day weekend just after)
The schedule provided for your children is done such that:
- There are a variety of opponents so you are not playing the same teams each week; ie- U8 B/G and U12 coed for instance, should have a different opponent every week (except playing one team twice) w/ 8 teams in each division.
- A consistent (hopefully same) is assigned coach at each of your team’s games
- There is the ability of a coach to get from his/her first game to the 2nd game time. Feedback from coaches in past seasons has dictated the need for 6:00pm and 7:30pm start times.
what ABOUT other equipment needed??-
We need all players to try and conform to this: We are asking all players to try and wear Black socks and Black shorts (along w/ their team assigned Red or Black Jersey). Players from 2018-19 Fall Rec program will bring their Red/Black game jerseys into this league and hence won’t incur an additional $15 Jersey fee. Name brands shorts/socks are fine; but please no shorts with other club logos/names. An inexpensive place to get plain black shorts and black socks is Play it Again Sports. Your child will also need: shin guards, soccer cleats and some sort of water bottle/container to keep themselves hydrated. U6 and U8 players- size 3 soccer ball; U10 and U12- size 4 soccer ball; U14 players- size 5 soccer ball.
WHAT ABOUT Age group Rules?-
Click HERE for age specific rules for the 2019 Spring league. (to be updated in future)
WHAT ABOUT Field Layouts??-
The field layouts are not published, click HERE for the layout for the 2019 Spring league. (to be updated in future)
Spring League 2019 League Basics-
Number of Projected Teams: 50+ (to be updated in future)
Breakdown of Age Groups/Teams: (these were 2018 numbers; 2019 numbers may be different)
- U6 Girls and U6 Boys: 4 Girls Teams; 8 Boys teams
- U8 Girls and U8 Boys: 6 Girls Teams; 8 Boys teams
- U10 Girls and U10 Boys: 6 Girls Teams; 8 Boys Teams
- U12 Coed: 8 Total Teams
- U14 Coed: 6 Total teams
Number of Projected Players In the League: 418 (again, 2018 numbers; may be higher for 2019)
Spots left per Age group (2019 League Info):
- All age groups are open for registration now.
- Number of Coaching Positions Needed: 50+. If interested in coaching, please contact: [email protected]
When Does REgistration Start for 2019??
Registration for the 2019 Spring Season has started; if there are any questions; contact [email protected]
What about Formation of teams??-
Teams were formed in all age groups and divided as equally as possible based on playing experience, age, competitive level, etc. following the end of registration. There is not enough time for evaluations during the Spring League. All of this is very time consuming task so please be very patient.